Welcome to Len Valley Practice
The Practice of Medicine has advanced so much in the last one hundred years that it is worth recording some of the changes that have occurred in the Lenham Practice during those years.
In 1900 Dr. Gray came to live in Stanfield (the large house on the east side of Lenham square) which, it has been assumed, had always been the Doctor's house. As was the custom then, and lasting for the next 50 or so years, the Doctor had the Consulting Room in his own house and worked on his own without any ancillary staff, apart from his own family and his domestic staff. His formulary would have been limited, but he had the reputation of being a kind and wise Doctor. His concern was shown during the First World War when he made his house over to the Red Cross where 50 convalescent wounded soldiers were nursed.
FIND OUT MORE